Tuesday 28 July 2015

Howth you doing? My adventure through Ireland!


Any one who knows me well knows I love love love to travel! Whilst living in the U.K I was able to travel extensively though out Europe (whilst on a budget). Let me make that point very clear, as a collage student who was jobless and studying at the time I learned to travel with very little funds whilst having the time of my life.

 One of the first countries I visited in Europe was Ireland. And let me tell you it has to be one of my all time favourite destinations. Not only is Ireland physically breathtaking but it is full of culture and great people.

Although I was only there for a few short days the capital of Dublin failed to disappoint. However the highlight of the trip without a doubt was our expedition to Howth. Approximately  30 minutes outside of Dublin, Howth is a small town set on Dublin Bay. Its local pubs, markets and landmarks are affordable and charming but it is natural scenery of the town that makes it so special. The scenery may be free but trust me it really is a million dollar view!


View from the bay. 


My friends and I traveled there in early November for a birthday weekend and although it was cold it was totally worth it. The mountings where still covered in colourful foliage and it only rained once during the day! Which in Ireland is a small miracle! 



Here is  friend Sophie and myself all rugged up during one of our walks. 


Overall Howth was absolutely stunning and a must do day trip if you are in Dublin! I was so excited to visit Ireland and it certainly did not disappoint. 


Lou xx



No comments:

Post a Comment