Monday 7 December 2015

We are home and talking Ho Chi Minh!

Morning Everyone! 

We are home and exhausted. Our trip to Vietnam and Cambodia was amazing, eye-opening,  exhausting and so much fun! But before I begin to attempt the mountain of washing, email catchup and remaining christmas shopping I have to do. Let's stay in holiday mode and talk vacations! #canipleasestayonholidays 

There are so many things I could share with you about our fantastic holiday. But because we where away for a jam-packed three weeks, sharing every detail might take a while! So I have decided to break it down into four posts of the four major cities we visited. Starting with hectic Ho Chi Minh City, also known as Saigon. 



If you have never been to Vietnam let me tell you three things, it is hot, hectic and full of life. I mean crossing the road here is a challenge in itself. Ho Chi Mihn really is a city like no other. P.S. I love this photo. You will often see women with piles of fresh fruit and veg stacked on their bicycles.



We where only in Ho Chi Minh for two days before we headed north, so I started shopping pretty much immediately. The most famous and in my opinion best markets in Ho Chi Minh are the Ben Thanh Markets. These markets where conveniently located about 50 meters from our hotel. #wonderhowthathappened ;) These markets have everything from food, knock off Rolex's and silk. They are a must do when in Ho Chi Minh! 


I always say that the best way to see a city is to walk, walk and walk some more. I think I wore out my shoes this trip because other than the occasional tuk tuk, we explored cities completely by foot. This allowed us to stop when and where we liked and also lead us to some pretty cool spots. Including Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica. 


And even the War remnants museum. Now this museum was seriously amazing. Filled with remnants from the Vietnam war, including photographs, videos and even military equipment. This museum was fantastic, sad and fascinating. 


Our time in Ho Chi Minh was short and sweet but lots of fun. I will be back tomorrow for some more details, but for now I need to get back to chore catch-up :( *sigh

Lou xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment