Wednesday 26 August 2015

Grace's Table by Sally Piper

Hello my lovely friends!

For this weeks well-read Wednesday I am reviewing Grace's Table by Sally Piper. Sally lived in the UK for almost ten years before returning to my own home town in Australia to complete her creative writing degree at my alma mater and write 'Grace's Table.' I was really excited to read the works of a local writer and the book didn't disappoint. 


Grace's Table centres around the gathering of a distant family who's past hasn't always been pleasant. Both good and bad memories come flooding back to the family members highlighting cracks in the foundation of their relationships. However this book also celebrates the extraordinary bond that families share and resilience of the human spirit. 


"This moving and often funny novel dissects the lives of women over three generations, explores the pull and power of memory and celebrates the triumph of endurance." - Good Reads 

I read this book while on holidays last christmas and thoroughly enjoyed it! Grace's table will make you laugh, reminisce and leave you in awe of the force that is family. You can purchase it here. 


Lou xxx

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only just found your review Lou. I'm really pleased you enjoyed Grace's Table and that the resilience of the characters spoke to you. Best, Sally

    ReplyDelete