Wednesday 13 January 2016

My must have Cookbooks!

Good Morning! 

Todays well-read Wednesday is also a bit of a nod to some of my favourite recipes. Today we are talking cook books! 
I love to cook but really need to devote more time to mastering a few more signature meals! However when I do get the the afternoon to myself, you will probably find me in the kitchen making a mess and creating something delish! 

So, here are a few of my favourite, go-to cook books that are guaranteed to leave you wanting seconds! 


Bill Granger has to be one of my favourite cooks ever. All of his books include charming stories and notes about his young family, his career and his personal favourite recipes. His 2009, Holiday is perhaps my favourite book of his and is filled with simple but delicious meals, that the whole family will love. Bonus, it is currently reduced on Amazon. Grab one for yourself here.


Donna Hay, is also another popular culinary genius in our house. My mother and I have been watching her show and experimenting with her cook books for years. Although she has released tens of books, my personal favourite is still 'Modern Classics'. There are a few editions now, but the recipe selection remain very similar. This book is a MUST on any bookshelf as far as I am concerned. Pick up one fore yourself here.


Who doesn't love Nigella? Firstly her food is always decadent and insanely delicious. But most importantly it is easy and often quick. Two things that are pretty important to me when making a mid week meal. This book is rarely off the shelf in our house and I have gifted this book many a time to friends for birthdays, christmas etc. If you don't already have a copy, you need one! Grab yours here!


Now the Crabapple Bakery Cupcake Cookbook has to be my all time favourite cookbook. How can a small cupcake book win over every recipe I have ever read? You will just have to find out for yourself! (But SERIOUSLY these cupcakes will blow your mind!) My personal favourite is the basic vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting. Simple but perfection! These cupcakes not only taste great but look beautiful. I love all of these recipes and know you will too! Grab your own copy here. 

So there you have it, my must have cookbooks right now. Happy cooking everyone! 

Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment