Tuesday 5 January 2016

New Year, New Habits

Good Morning Everyone! 

At the begging of every year we all discuss what our new years resolutions will be. They are often a tad unrealistic and by the second week of January are a fleeting memory. Past resolutions of mine have included running 5km everyday, 30 minutes of Italian practise every day, rock climbing and the ability to bake a crockenbush. 

Some of those are things I still want to try, others not so much... (I think I will leave the metre tall pastry tower to the professionals!!) 

So instead of feeling defeated by my new years resolutions by the end of the first month, I have decided to start three habits/ activities everyday. These activities are easy, enjoyable and a tiny piece of me-time. I encourage you all to find three small, achievable and enjoyable activities to complete everyday that allow to your reflect and unwind. 


No. 1 - Project 365 
Project 365 is a mobile App which allows you to capture one photo each day and stores images in calendar form. This allows you to view your weeks, months and years through your own photos. The App even includes an alert feature which you can set up to remind you to post your daily photo. These images can be shared with family and friends or kept as your own keepsake. 


This App is seriously easy to use and such a sweet idea. You can download Project 365 from the Apple App store here. 


No. 2 - Thankful Journal 

I have always loved the idea of a thoughtful journal and when I saw this Kiki-K one last year I knew this was a great time to start one. This brightly coloured, hard cover journal allows you to write down three things a day you are thankful for. I write in mine just before bed , it takes about 5 minutes and is a great way to reflect on what is really important in life. This one is currently 30% off! WOO HOO! You can grab one here.

No. 3 Practise 20 Minutes of Yoga Everyday 


I love love love my hour long yoga classes at my gym, however it is totally unrealistic to think I will get there everyday. So with the help of my small four legged side kick I am going to practise at least 20 minutes of yoga every morning. Yoga is such a great way to relax and reflect while working out. If you haven't tried it before I seriously encourage you all to jump on the yoga train!

Have a wonderful day everyone! 

Lou xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment