Tuesday 29 September 2015

Palace of Versailles

It Tuesday and that can only mean one thing. Its time to talk travel! Yay! 
So in keeping with my two previous posts re. France I thought it would be a good idea to discuss one of my favourite day trips. Palace of Versailles! 


Known for its opulence, size, extensive gardens and previous tenants including Marie Antoinette, Palace of Versailles is seriously impressive! 



I have visited Versailles three times now and fall more in love with it every-time. I have to recommend visiting in winter, although the bike tour isn't available during this season, the queues are much sorted and the palace grounds are less crowded. It makes for a much more enjoyable experience and means you can actually tour the palace without being pushed and shoved through the rooms. 


Versailles is located about 40 min (by car) outside of Paris, so I suggest leaving early in the morning and making a real day of it. There is so much to see and do there that the more time you have available the better. 


Here I am at Versailles on a rather wet day, hence all the puddles! 


If you are planning on visiting one of Europe's thousands of castles/palaces I would highly recommend investigating Versailles as an option. Rich with history and physically breathtaking, Versailles will occupy you all day. 

Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment