Tuesday 15 September 2015

Paris ~ Part One

Bonjour! 

For this weeks travel post we are talking all about Paris! And because Paris is so wonderful and filled with lots of great things to see and do I am going to talk about it over two weeks! I may also be doing this because Paris is my all time favourite city to visit. A bit of a cliche I know, but seriously there really is nowhere in the world like it! 


Ok, so where to begin?? If you know anything about Paris you know it is all about the food, art and architecture. Paris has some of the most famous buildings, paintings and monuments in the world.

I have been lucky enough to visit Paris a few times and every time I have been, I have experienced it in a completely different way. The first time I visited Paris I was a little kid and can't remember all that much, I have also visited as a university student, twice (traveling on one seriously tight budget) and visited again as a young adult. 


Each time I have visited I have stayed in different parts of the city and different hotels/ apartments/ hostels. Some more glamorous than others ;). However regardless where you stay, Paris is well worth the trek! I would personally recommend staying on the right bank, so north of the Seine. Although a cab ride or longer walk to the Eiffel Tower, the right bank is home to some amazing shops, great food and tones of other attractions. 


These attractions include the Champs-Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, Place Vendome and the Opera. (There is so much to do but they are by far some of my favourites.)


Apart from sight seeing my favourite activity in Paris has to be eating! I mean anything you find in Paris is worth a try. From pastries to the wine to the bread! Everything is mouth-watering and truly a piece of art. 




Seriously, the food is out of control! Thank goodness Paris is a city for walking otherwise your waistline would be in serious trouble! We would walk pretty much all day, so make sure you pack comfy shoes. I really do believe that the best way to see a city is to walk. The Metro (their train line) is great, but its underground, so you miss out on seeing your sounranduings. I also get seriously disorientated when I pop up on the other side of a city after a metro ride, having no clue which direction I traveled in. So for me walking is the best way to get around. 
Next week I will discuss my favourite museums to visit. Today was really just a love letter to Paris and a few basic tips on things to see, where to stay and me drooling over my pictures of french food *sigh. 

Happy Tuesday Everyone! 

Lou xxx 









No comments:

Post a Comment