Tuesday 16 February 2016

Lemon Loaf

Morning Everyone! 

I hope you week is off to a great start! I realised I haven't shared many recipes lately. Mainly because I haven't been doing much cooking. And the small amount of food I am preparing is less than blog-able! AKA it is steamed veggies! Not very exciting I know!

However I have decided to continue to share recipes I usually make when I am home and in my own kitchen. Today's is a classic that I know you will love - Lemon Loaf! 


You Will Need 

1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour 
1 pack instant lemon pudding mix 
3 eggs 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons butter 
1 cup sugar 
1/3 fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla essence 
3/4 cup greek yogurt 

Icing:
3 tablespoons butter 
1 1/2 cups of icing sugar 
2 tablespoons lemon juice 


Method 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 5 x 9" loaf pan with a piece of waxed paper and grease tin. 

In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder & baking soda. With an electric mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon juice and yogurt, until evenly combined. 

Add the dry ingredients to the wet,continuing to stir by hand. 

Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes, or until center is fully set. 

For the frosting: Combine the butter & lemon juice. Gradually add the icing sugar, and beat until smooth and creamy. Evenly spread the frosting over the top of the loaf. 

Enjoy with family and friends! P.S this makes a great lunch box treat! 

Lou xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment