Thursday 19 May 2016

Caramel Fudge

Morning Everyone! 

This weeks recipe is a bit of a challenging sweet treat which I'm still trying to perfect. I don't know about you but I still haven't quite mastered the art of fudge making. I constantly manage to burn it or undercook it or just royally screw it up. However its something I'm committed to perfecting #smallgoals This recipe however is one my mum has been using for years and when cooked correctly, is amazing! 


You Will Need 

2 2/3 cups Brown Sugar
1/2 cup cream
125 grams butter
3/4 cups sweet condensed milk

Method 

Grease a small slice tray or cake tin with butter and set aside.

Place sugar, cream, butter and condensed milk into a heavy based saucepan and stir until sugar has dissolved. Lower the heat and bring fudge to a boil until it reaches softball stage (116C or 20-30 min). If the fudge starts to burn remove it from the saucepan and place in a clean one, continue cooking.

Once the fudge has boiled for approx 30 min place in bowl and beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Then transfer into tin and refrigerate until firm.

Enjoy with family and friends!

Lou 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment